September 2, 2009

practice/signature

byAtti?

i want you to dress
in my lecture

pretend you grew-down between the mating calls
of dueling chain-saws
and saw the sirens song so whole heartedly
that their notes played in techincolor strobe

run so far into the tree line
that pebbles on the path crack the outline
and the dash marks dance in your peripherial
notion
of where you actually are

scream
at the top of your lungs

tipping toes spill into sprinting strides
and your tears taste like self-assurance
as you try as hard as you can
to be found
but just find
an even better place to hide

get lost in my stanzas
and maybe you can find me on your way
out

let me fill your quotations
until they throw up words
that drip down the love notes you've put them in
and pour into breakup letters
at the footnote to your bed
of nails

i want every man to pitch my lines
like used car salesmen

for every beard-bearing photographer
to spin my art through the thatch of his plaid shi(r)t
roll up his sleeve of tattoos
and wear the cursive heart he can't even read,

for her

i want to be in your top list with:
charles bukowski
ee cummings
and 2pac

i want you to love me
for all the wrong reasons
and acknowledge me for the ones i should be
striving for
because you're too stupid to comprehend
what i'm really trying to convey

which

summed

up

is

i want to be a narcissist
through your eyes
so i can by own greatest fan
in third person

and never have to
admit to it.

No comments: